Monday, October 24, 2011

Neuropathy

 

MONDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2011

Neuropathy

Just when I thought I was done with neuropathy.... surprise, it's back. My legs feel like the nerves have been exposed to the air again, and the pain is sometimes excruciating. I am learning that a small percentage of people who get neuropathy from the effects of chemo must deal with it off and on for life--yes, I am one of those people--no big deal, I can handle it--
Today when I was at work, one of my friends I had not seen for a while came over to talk to me. She was wearing a pink beanie to cover her bald head--she went through a double mastectomy a year and a half before I did (stage 2). Now, it has metastasized to her lungs--she showed me the X-rays --I cannot stop thinking about her today. Cancer really is this ugly VILLAIN, it invades lives, and just when you think you've turned a corner looking to a bright future, BOOM, it's back to haunt and taunt you. Whether a recurrence or side effects, it never goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Posts

Holding Our Family in Prayer

  Dear Frenchie, Today has been an incredibly difficult day. Blake called and asked whether Chloe had contacted me about a flight credit. ...