Sunday, November 6, 2016

Possibilities

 

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2016

Possibilities

    

"For You, Whose Day It Is, Get Out Your Rainbow Colors and Make It Beautiful" --Nootka Song

Finding joy in possibility is magical. Living in a world as a child where possibilities were stripped of me, I now see endless possibilities for my life as an adult. Never in a million years would I have dreamed of authoring a book about my life--but I did it!!  

So many times, people see the gloom in life because that is what they have been taught. I hope to overcome seeing life through those lenses. I want my grandchildren to see their life with endless possibilities. They need to be taught they can achieve anything they put their mind to; they can dream the impossible and make it possible. I hope they embrace every opportunity, challenge with zest, and live in the moment.

My oldest grandson Recker was diagnosed with autism when he was just an incredibly young toddler; he is now almost seven years old; and still is non-verbal. I wish I could see life through his eyes. We, as a family, know he understands so much of what is happening around him; but communicating is difficult.
Last week, my daughter Kayla, his mother, received this from his teacher. Four out of five.

He understands more than I realized






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Posts

Holding Our Family in Prayer

  Dear Frenchie, Today has been an incredibly difficult day. Blake called and asked whether Chloe had contacted me about a flight credit. ...