Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Happiness is a Choice

 

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2011

Happiness is a CHOICE

Have you ever heard someone say, "he/she just doesn't make me happy anymore"? I have recently. It's made me think about what makes people happy. I'm so happy when Recker smiles big with his teeth showing. I love that; I'm so glad when my house is clean or when my husband gets home from a grueling day at work but still finds time to come into the kitchen and hug me (I love hugs). I was overwhelmingly happy to see Blake after two years when he got home from the Dominican Republic. There are so many people and things that make me happy-for, sure, too many to name, but is it an accumulation of all those things that truly bring happiness? I have to say I have been disappointed by others and allowed other people's choices to affect my life negatively--what a shame and a waste of precious time.
True lasting happiness comes from within us. No one else can give that to you; like others, I had to learn the hard way. When I discovered breast cancer, it was like a huge maillot hit me. I finally had clarity. It was time to clean house, so to speak-- I needed to do some maintenance work on myself and find out what really matters, then get rid of the rest--  For me, my happiness now comes from a deeper place in my heart, I'm OK with the choices of other people, and although they can make me sad it does not affect my eternal happiness because I know who I am, I know where I came from. I know where I want to be. Seriously? It's taken me 48 years to figure this stuff out. I have never, ever said I was a good student. HaHa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Posts

Holding Our Family in Prayer

  Dear Frenchie, Today has been an incredibly difficult day. Blake called and asked whether Chloe had contacted me about a flight credit. ...