Thursday, October 15, 2009

Elder Williams Calls From The Airport

 


I had a tough time getting to sleep last night; I am experiencing some extremely sharp pain in my right breast when I breathe in or turn over in my sleep. It is hard to explain the pain without saying it feels like a very sharp knife slicing down the middle of my breast; it takes the breath out of me and sometimes will last up to 30 seconds. Last night when I went to bed, I felt bad for Eric because he did not know what to do for me, and honestly, there was nothing he could do; I had to work through it myself. Once I got up, I was afraid to lie down again. I went downstairs and sat up on the sofa to sleep. That did not work either; I finally got brave enough to lie down at about 3:30 am.  
I was awakened by a phone call from my son at 5:30 am. He is flying from Salt Lake City to the Dominican Republic today. I have never been so excited to get a phone call. We talked for about a half-hour. He sounds perfect; I was impressed with his anticipation to get out into the mission field. The following 2 years will be filled with many blessings; I look forward to seeing my son grow into a man and learn about life away from his family and friends. 
Later today, I missed his call from Puerto Rico...I was bummed but really happy that I have his voice on my message machine to listen to when I need an extra push to get me through the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Posts

Holding Our Family in Prayer

  Dear Frenchie, Today has been an incredibly difficult day. Blake called and asked whether Chloe had contacted me about a flight credit. ...