Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Last Hair Appointment

 Today I went to get my hair done for the last time in a while. Kara Ellingson has been cutting my hair for over 10 years now, and I love her. We have become good friends; she has a wonderful husband and family.

I sat down in her chair like I always do, she put the hair drape on me, started to comb out my hair, and I began to cry. I don't want this to be the last time I get my hair done for a while. Not only do I look forward to visiting with Kara, but I also love to get my hair done. I just kept thinking, "why is this happening to me."

I was having this outer body thing going on, I tried so hard to get it under control, and I eventually did, but today I realized it is coming too fast; I can't stop it; I have no control. Even as I write, I am crying; I told Tamy today my hair is light and looks beautiful, but my heart is heavy. I am hurting inside and don't know how to control it. I miss my son, I miss working out every day, I miss laughing out loud, I miss being normal. 

This was definitely a day when I felt alone and needed the Lord to take it away. I came home and went to my room, knelt down, and asked the Lord to help me today. This is an arduous journey. I try so hard to be strong and rely on the Lord, I know he will comfort me and lift me when I need it, but sometimes, it just STINKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Posts

Holding Our Family in Prayer

  Dear Frenchie, Today has been an incredibly difficult day. Blake called and asked whether Chloe had contacted me about a flight credit. ...