Saturday, June 11, 2011

Chemo Brain

 

MONDAY, JUNE 13, 2011

Chemo Brain

I feel the best I have felt in 2 years; thank you, Heavenly Father, my prayers have been answered. Blake will be home in 3 short months, and I want to look healthy for him. My hip pain has subsided. It's extraordinary. There's a spot on the bone they still are not sure what it is; once I started to exercise again, the pain went away. I also came back from MLOA to US AIRWAYS about 6 weeks ago. Seriously I had no idea how smart I used to be.... haha! I
I was diagnosed with chemo brain; I forget things all the time. I forget my children's names even when they are looking right at me, and I forget simple daily things that should come easy to remember. Now that I am back to work, I realize how much knowledge I had, and being re-trained has been difficult. I have to write everything down. Just so you know, chemo brain is an actual condition some patients get after undergoing extensive amounts of chemo... boy, that's good to know. I was beginning to think I had the start of something new like Alzheimer's or dementia; those are awful diagnoses to have.  
It's fun to see people at work I have not seen for a long time; some will look at me and say, "Oh, did you cut your hair?"  I just smile and say, "why yes, yes I did"  I am only working 4-hour shifts a couple days a week, but I am thankful to be back to work and challenge my brain a little. I feel like my life is finally getting back to a "Normal" I can live with.

2 COMMENTS:

Amber said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Blake will love to see you healthy!

kittrean tanner said...

hey...wait a minute... I have chemo brain....is it from kissing Sheldon?
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Posts

Holding Our Family in Prayer

  Dear Frenchie, Today has been an incredibly difficult day. Blake called and asked whether Chloe had contacted me about a flight credit. ...