Friday, August 21, 2009

Refuge In Rainbows

 



My daughter Haleigh and I went to Hawaii for a week about a month ago. We were driving back from a day at the North Shore, and when we came over this hill, there was the most beautiful rainbow I had ever seen; I mean, it was breathtaking. I had never seen a whole Rainbow before. I could not get over the stunning colors; it looked like we were so close to it that we could just drive up to it. The Rainbow's beginning was a little hazy and seemed to linger over the homes of the people living on the hill; as the Rainbow continued over to the end, the colors were vivid, and the ending was precise and clear. I told Haleigh when you can see the whole Rainbow and the lot is in sight, that it is good luck; I told her to take it in and enjoy every minute of it because they do not come along very often, in all my 46 years, this was the 1st one I had ever seen like it. She laughed at me and even called her dad to tell him how excited I was to see this Rainbow, and I was a little weird. I admit I just could not get over the beauty of it.
I find myself thinking about that Rainbow a lot as I face this new trial of mine called "cancer" It hit me last night as I was trying to sleep; the Lord gave me that Rainbow on that day, knowing it would provide me with comfort. I believe, like all trials that everyone faces, the beginning is a little hazy and lingers over and around my home like a nasty habit. Still, it is the end that I am interested in; it will be precise and clear because, at the end of this trial, I will then know what the Lord wanted me to learn from all of this. I am grateful for that moment I shared with my daughter; now, maybe she will understand the significance of that beautiful moment I will never forget as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Posts

Holding Our Family in Prayer

  Dear Frenchie, Today has been an incredibly difficult day. Blake called and asked whether Chloe had contacted me about a flight credit. ...