Monday, April 12, 2010

Got Hair?


MONDAY, APRIL 12, 2010

Got Hair?

OK, this morning, I was looking in the 15x magnifier mirror I have in my bathroom, and guess what???? I have some hair growing in.... kinda more like peach fuzz, but still, it's starting to grow. Of course, I asked Eric, "do you see the hair growing on my head?" and he replied, "um.... yeah, sure... " I said, "it's there, I promise .... look in MY mirror" I love Eric ... funny guy!!!

I've been told that hair grows funky after chemo; I have always been a true blonde, but it looks pretty dark coming in, so we will see in a few months.
This must be the day to remind me of my nonexistent hair because on the way to the Mayo this morning, I pulled up behind this car that had a massive print on its back window that read GOT HAIR? I busted up laughing at the irony of this morning.

Losing my hair was one of the most devastating parts of this journey. We live in a world that cares about hair. I never realized how much I cared about my hair until I didn't have it anymore. I had a hard time coming to grips because I am vulnerable and needed to ask the Lord for strength to understand why this was happening to me. I even doubted if I was being heard, and then out of the blue, an answer would come and say to me, "Be still and know that I am God, rise up and listen to me. In my eyes, you are beautiful" I have come to understand that I am a divine daughter of Heavenly Father, that he will wrap his arms around me and comfort me when I am feeling discouraged. 

More times than I can ever remember before, I have knelt in quiet prayer and asked him to help me fight this battle and win. There have been times when I have felt small and insignificant during this journey, then he has answered my prayers, and he has calmed many storms in my heart that I thought I could not conquer. I will never be the same person, and I am stronger than I ever thought I could be. We all will have trials, temptations, and difficult times in our lives, without a doubt. It's part of His plan for us. We can't grow and learn unless we can overcome and know that HE can be our constant guide if we will let him. I am His beautiful daughter; with or without hair, he loves me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Posts

Holding Our Family in Prayer

  Dear Frenchie, Today has been an incredibly difficult day. Blake called and asked whether Chloe had contacted me about a flight credit. ...