Monday, December 21, 2009

Do I Have The Strength To Endure?

 

MONDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2009

Do I have the strength to endure?

This has been such a rough week for me. I am definitely being tested. When Eric got home from work, I told him I needed to get out, so we went for a ride. I am feeling weak and depressed. I don't want to feel this way, but this last round of chemo really knocked me out, physically, mentally, and spiritually. I can't sleep because I am constantly hovering over the toilet. Because of my sleep deprivation, my body is mentally shutting down, so I do what I know will help. I pray for strength. When that strength does not come, I start to doubt myself.
Today is one week since I had my chemo treatment, and I usually feel pretty good, but today I am still sick. I have lost over 10 pounds, and I have no energy. I know I have 2 doctor appointments this week, and it makes me sick to my stomach to think about going. If I have to think about chemo on Monday, I will scream. I think about it every day. How do I get out of it? I'm not sure I have the strength to endure this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Posts

Holding Our Family in Prayer

  Dear Frenchie, Today has been an incredibly difficult day. Blake called and asked whether Chloe had contacted me about a flight credit. ...