Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Lymphodema

 As most of you know, I use this blog as a journal, and I forgot something from the other day when I went to see the Oncologist (well, Margot, the PA). I hope I get to see Dr. Northfelt soon. I am not fond of Margot, and she needs to work on her bedside manners! From what I understand, my white blood counts were really high due to the Neulasta shot I am receiving on the day after Chemo Treatments. This is good, except it intensifies my bone and joint pain more. I received another piece of information that I now have Lymphedema in my right arm and will have to wear a compression sleeve; I was really hoping this would not happen; I think the sleeve will be so hot in the summer months. Also, since I was just talking to a friend of mine Colette Cole who also suffers from Lymphedema in her leg, we had quite a conversation about it, and the following week I found out I have it. I will deal with it, and it could be worse.

2 COMMENTS 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Posts

Holding Our Family in Prayer

  Dear Frenchie, Today has been an incredibly difficult day. Blake called and asked whether Chloe had contacted me about a flight credit. ...