Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I lost Five Pounds Today

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2009

I lost 5 pounds today

I am very concerned about day 3 after my 3rd round of chemo. This morning around 2:30 am, I woke up very sick. I immediately weighed myself as I knew I would not get through this sickness or puking quickly. By 5 pm, I had lost over 5 pounds, I called my Oncologist, and they too were concerned but told me to drink some Gatorade and see if I could hold it down for 24 hours. If not, I will be admitted into Mayo Hospital for some IV infusion to get me hydrated. WOW, I thought it would get easier as I went along. Knowing what I am facing every week, I have gotten a lot of anxiety, but usually, around Saturday, I start to get excited, knowing I will be feeling much better by Monday of the following week. I feel so weak today. It is difficult for me to do anything but lay in my bed any time I get up...I get sick. I know this is just part of the process, and I will be able to endure it okay, but it is a little concerning. I lose around 3 pounds for the entire week, so 5 pounds in one day worries me. I pray tonight for some fluids to stay down. The last thing I want to do is go to the hospital, and again I thank Heavenly Father every day for my blessings. Today, I am grateful to Sister Ruthanne VanWagoner, who brought over some Powerade, and Anita Sheffield for bringing a wonderful dinner to my husband and daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Posts

Holding Our Family in Prayer

  Dear Frenchie, Today has been an incredibly difficult day. Blake called and asked whether Chloe had contacted me about a flight credit. ...