Monday, August 30, 2010

I LOVE my life

 

MONDAY, AUGUST 30, 2010

I L♥VE my Life

I was kinda forced to go back to work. The day after we arrived home from Paris, I went back to work at US AIRWAYS. I am exhausted from the mental stimulation. On the 1st day, I had a panic attack on my way to the office; I had to pull over and breathe; oh, how I wished Tamy would have been with me; she always knows how to help. I had to quickly go to my "happy place" I remember bicycling with Frenchie in the hills of France; it made me smile and got me through the night. I definitely have CHEMO BRAIN, which I have been told is very common with patients; I have lost a lot of short-term memory and eyesight. Trying to remember all that I have been trained to do repeatedly for the past 6 years is not coming easy for me. Luckily US AIRWAYS is kind enough to put me through some training before getting me back on the phones with people. I worry about only working for a few weeks before I will take another medical leave when I have surgery, but I have been reassured by US AIRWAYS that they will train me again if needed when I return.

One of the things I have noticed about being back in the WORLD is how negative people can be. I don't think they even realize it. I am so grateful for my job; never before would I have said that. I have a different perspective now. When I think about where my life was a year ago and that I am alive and can go to work, it makes me happy. I get to be with Recker all day, then go for a few hours to work at night a couple days a week. I love my life !!!

3 COMMENTS 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Posts

Holding Our Family in Prayer

  Dear Frenchie, Today has been an incredibly difficult day. Blake called and asked whether Chloe had contacted me about a flight credit. ...