Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Note to Self

TUESDAY, AUGUST 10, 2010

Note to Self

Yesterday I volunteered at Deseret Industries. If you don't know what that is, it is owned by the LDS church and is like Goodwill. I put clothes on hangers and inspected for stains and rips in the fabric. NOTE TO SELF AND ANYONE ELSE READING THIS: Do NOT donate used underwear, not from children, teens, or adults. NO ONE wants them, and they go in the trash. Well, at least when I'm volunteering, they do.
On a serious note, I was so happy to finally feel well enough to do something for someone else. I have to admit standing on my feet all day was really hard, and I found myself almost getting sick a couple of times. The neuropathy kicked in on my legs and hips but other than that, it was an enjoyable and pleasing experience. Giving back is a good feeling. I'm glad I did it.
0 COMMENTS 

LABELS: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Posts

Holding Our Family in Prayer

  Dear Frenchie, Today has been an incredibly difficult day. Blake called and asked whether Chloe had contacted me about a flight credit. ...